An evaporative air cooler is not an air conditioner as it does not use a compressor and refrigerant gas; one should not expect an evaporative air cooler to work as effectively as refrigerated air conditioning; however, the advantages of the evaporative air cooler over refrigerated air conditioning are: low purchase cost, low electricity usage, environment friendly (no refrigerant gas) and maximum portability.
The Honeywell CL25AE 52-pint indoor evaporative air cooler offers an energy efficient option for cooling your home or workplace in the most natural way. Honeywell evaporative air coolers do not require power hungry components like compressors. The low power consumption translates into significant savings on energy bills compared to using air conditioners. Just unpack, add water/ice, place near open door or window, plug it in, and use. This unit is ideal for cooling medium to large rooms up to 300 sq. ft. Four fan speeds and oscillating louvers evenly distribute cool air through the honeycomb cooling media while the carbon dust filter cleanses the air. The unit consumes only 235-Watt of power on low and includes an automatic shutoff timer. The electronic control panel is easy to use and the remote control lets you operate your cooler from across the room. Plus, it has side handles and four durable caster wheels allowing easy mobility.
- Portable evaporative air cooler for indoor use cools rooms up to 300 sq. ft.
- Non-compressor system cools naturally, efficiently and inexpensively
- Honeycomb cooling media for optimum cooling
- Top-loading ice compartment and 6.6 gallon water tank with low water alarm
- Powerful 500 CFM air flow
- 1 to 8 hours off timer
- LED control panel and full-function remote control
- 3 speeds include high, medium and low
- Adjustable humidification level
- 0.5 to 7.5 hours shut-off timer
- Oscillating louvers distributes cool air throughout the room
- Carbon dust filter cleanses the air
- Side handles and four durable caster wheels allow easy mobility
- 6 ft. long power cord with NEMA 5-15P 3-prong plug
- Buying note: for those living in more humid climates, consider portable air conditioning units or window air conditioners
- Evaporative coolers perform best when the air is hot with low humidity, such as desert areas like the southwestern United States
- Recommended humidity level is 60% or less for maximum efficiency
- Use in open environments with adequate cross ventilation