Thor Hurricane 34J David Nelson. Text: 610-212-7479
DISH Channels: https://www.mydish.com/filestream.ashx?id=23758
Note; Local channels are not shown on channel guide above. CBS: 3. ABC: 6, NBC: 10, FOX: 29. others are in range of channels 2-64.
WIFI: RV engine must be running to power the "Sprint Drive". Password: Thor1234
READ FIRST: Driving and Important notes:
- 13’ height. Do not drive under a bridge less than 13’ clearance
Camera: Stereo must be on to see cameras (left, right and reverse)
- If stereo does not turn on, make sure Battery Use/Store button is hit to USE. This is by the steps.
- Backing up: Make sure you use the camera view to gauge depth.
- Drive slow. If you are the lowest vehicle on the road, this is perfect. Everyone will pass you and you will have an open lane in front of you.
- WIND: Make sure awning is retracted in high winds. It will be damaged in high-winds.... repair cost is $2,000 +
- WATER: If you run out of water, TURN OFF the water heater (BOTH LP AND ELECTRIC HEATERS). Leaving water heater on with an empty tank will burn out the unit. $350+ installation to replace.
- All manuals and tools are above couch.
- BTW: Visit www.BoxStoreReturns.com if you need office furniture, chairs, bookcase, etc. :-)
- Shore Power: Electrical line is on driver sides underneath compartment, 3rd from front. Align up plate on line to metal plate on connection. Slowly insert plug, then twist clockwise to lock. Do this slowly. Use adapters when needed. 50AMP, 30AMP, or house line.
Invertor: Keep this on during your entire trip.
- Green=power supply generator / shore power
- Yellow= house batteries. House batteries only supply power to a certain number of outlets, not all of them.
- Red= House batteries need charged. Either start generator or plug into shore power.
- Generator: Press and HOLD the start button until generator fully starts.
- Battery USE/STORE button. By the door, keep this to USE always. If on store, the RV will not charge or use the house batteries and various items will not work in the RV.
- Leveling (follow steps)
- PARK RV ON LEVEL GROUND. The leveler can only level the RV with a 2-3 degree slope. (E.g. parking on an incline won’t work).
- Engine ON: RV engine must be running.
- Parking Brake: Enable RV parking brake
- Turn on Leveler. Note: You have 2 or 3 tries before the battery will be drained.
- Press “AutoLevel”. Stand still and don’t move inside the RV
- Upon ‘Success”, you will see a single green light in the middle. Red light indicate the slope and direction (e.g. Red on front, it is sloped to the front)
- Unsuccessful attempts, it will say unable to finish. RETRACT, and try again. RV must be on level ground. If needed, add jack wooden blocks (found in driver side compartment by the back) to raise lower areas of the RV. Place blocks where the jacks come down. Example: If back is lower than front, place two or three blocks under both back jacks. This will allow the back jacks to have more arm height to raise.
- Leveling on grass will require you to use the wooden blocks too.
- CRITICAL: SLIDE OUT MUST BE IN FIRST
- After 1) retracting the slide out, and with 2) engine running and 3) parking brake on, turn on Leveler and press RETRACT.
- Wait until display says “Ready” or finished/success.
- Turn off Leveler.
- Low Voltage error. Turn off both Leveler and RV Engine. Restart engine, wait 3-4 minutes to recharge batteries. Start Leveler then try to drop/raise jacks.
- High-Amp switch: If low voltage error continues, chances are the 100AMP switch tripped. Open compartment with the LED lights, look to right wall. Move Yellow switch back up to reset. Note: Carefully move this, a renter broke this yellow piece before and got stuck with the jacks down. It will need reset before the jacks have ample voltage. Use your phone’s flashlight to see which way you should move the switch.
- Resetting controller: (other error or service messages)
- Hold down RETRACT AND ENTER to reset the controller.
- MANUAL: https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws.com/manuals/leveling-and-stabilization/ground_control_3.0_service_manual.pdf
- Slide-out (follow steps)
- LEVEL: RV MUST BE LEVEL and JACKS DOWN. Failure to level RV will cause slide out to get stuck out. A stuck slide-out will need manually pushed in by 8-10 people…. Very heavy!
- Engine OFF: RV engine must be off
- POWER: Start generator or be plugged into shore power
- Inspect areas to ensure driver seat is up and not blocking slide-out
- Inspect rest of RV for blocking items.
- Close bedroom cabinet drawers before retracting. This caused a mirror to break for a renter once, $150 to replace. Cabinet drawers will get pinched by mattress if not closed.
- Hold Retract/Extend button until YOU DON’T HEAR THE MOTORS anymore. This is important, as the motor counts the revolutions and needs to stay synced. Once you start in one direction, keep the slide going until it completes and motors stop. (e.g. don’t bring out a few feet than back in a few feet; rather, take it out the entire way, and then back in the entire way).
- Troubleshooting: If Slide-out doesn’t move and the motors are not making any sound, follow these steps.
- Make sure RV engine is OFF
- Make sure Generator is ON or RV is connected to shore power.
- On the driver’s side, go to the compartment where the electrical line is stored. There is a control box inside this compartment on the back right (white box). On your knees, look inside the compartment to find the button in middle of this control:
- HIT BUTTON 6 times then
- HIT BUTTON 7th time and hold it for 5 seconds until lights start to flash
- When flashing, hold the Retract/extend button. You have 45 seconds. This flashing overrides the controller will not count the cycles/revolutions.
TV Source: HDMI3. Controls main and outside TVs.
- Open cabinet above couch.
- Turn on:
- Switch box
- Dish box (green light)
- Switch box:
- Input 1: Dish Satellite
- Input 2: Amazon FireStick
- With TV on HDMI3 input, you can switch between the Dish and Amazon inputs by changing the input selection on the box above the couch. This controls the main TV and controls the outside TV (if on HDMI3).
- DISH: If you are parked by trees, satellite might not have a direct line to connect and will continue to try to connect. You will hear a sound, almost by the top of the Frig. If no connection can be made because of your parking spot, turn the Satellite box off to avoid this sound.
Amazon: Good to use when driving
- WIFI needed: Connect to your phone’s WIFI.
- Channels provided and already programmed (I would prefer if you don’t change the logins)
- HBO GO
- Prime Video
- Showtime Anytime
- Rentals are allowed, just let me know and we can settle later.
- TV Source: HDMI3. Controls main and outside TVs.
TV Source: TV (all other TVs)
- Hit menu, move to Set-up, then SCAN for channels. This will resync TV for local stations. Do this for all TVs in use.
- Good to use when driving.
- Bed bunk, above driver and passenger seat. Make sure you pull PINS out before moving bunk, and make sure you replace PINS before driving. The bunk will move during transit. I normally insert the pins then lower the bunks slightly to have the pins get pinched. This will avoid them from popping out during transit.
LED lights by Boogey Lights
- Open passenger side compartment, turn both switches on / up.
- Check to see green light on controller is lite. Inside plastic box
- Open phone, download “Boogey Lights” app
- Hit Wheel button (top right)
- Change ‘Color Mode’ to Multi-color mode. Important: APP must be in MULTI-COLOR mode to work correctly.
- With phone’s Bluetooth on, SCAN. Select Boogeyxxxxx then done
- Main Screen:
- Check for chain link connection (top left) turns yellow.
- When connected, turn ON
- Change colors by hitting color (rainbow) square button on the bottom in the middle.
- Two zones: Each zone can have different colors or be controlled together.
- Changing control: Hit “1/2” icon at top middle-right, change to control Zone1, Zone2, or Zone 1&2.
- Zone 1: Below RV
- Zone 2: Awning and under the slide-out.
- Instruction manual: http://www.boogeylights.net/?wpdmdl=112
The section below is to aggregate information regarding replacement parts and costs. It is more for my use to keep track of various part numbers, but can also help provide visibility on replacement costs and installation for you (the renter). These are prices previously paid.
Door entry steps: lipper components 3747452 Thor: 0121227. $578 + $100 installation
Furrion F52INS-BS-AM. Outdoor connection, 50amp. $80 + $80 installation.
Windshield service module kit: THOR: 0364865 Wexco: WM21301001: $350
Rear Ladder: Part# 0328457. $140 + $270 shipping + ~$200 installation (grows truck service). ~$650
Entry Door lock w Keys: #0171175. $178 + installation. $250.
Heater control board: Atwood AFMD35141 SKU: 3150MC Amazon. $80 + installation
Bedroom Door: Part # 0317105. $54 + shipping + installation
Bedroom door mirror: Part #: 0317104: $10 + $140 installation. (Note: Tear off back of old door, glue install on door frame, install in bedroom.)
Vinyl floor: Part #: 0328615. 8' x 4' section. $172 + $100~ shipping + $340 installation (Grows Truck service).
Dash Air Vent; Part #: DCM 2381-A Amazon: $20 + $50 installation
Water heater control board (water tank empty, burned out board): Part #: Atwood 91365. $120 amazon + $100 installation.
Running lights: Bulb RG194. Amazon $10 for 30.
Red/Amber reflector lights: Code: L-4-0059R-BLK. $5 https://www.woodysaccessories.com/4-x-2-incan-red-marker-light-blk-base-w-reflector-l04-0059r-blk
- Jack fluid: Automatic transmission fluid with Dexron III or Mecon V or a blend of both.